Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low-cost infrared sensor array for people counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoyanoff

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everyone! Does anyone know a company which is manufacturing people counting sensors. I suppose it should be an infrared sensor matrix (16x16 or 32x32 sensors). I need somekind of algorithm to do the counting(I suppose).
Thanks!

I don`t need a divice! I need only the sensor!

@Stoyanoff: The word "sensor" is used for many things. Maybe you can describe what you want in more detail to avoid further confusion.

With sensor I mean an electrical part, not entire device. Say it a microchip or element as you wish. I need a sensor (integrated circuit) able to count people(with appropriate perifery - microcontroller, resistors, capacitators and so on). Some companies have designed such sensors but I can`t find even one, bucause I not realy sure how to look for it. I`ll be grateful of little help.
Thanks!

stoyanoff if u say cheap then what u think about any laser diode 5% to 9% duty cycle on 38Khz in front of tsop1736.
(I show this trick to my gf last week with a cmos counter circuit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.