Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low and high load values in PSD15.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serg_SV

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
load values in PSD15.1

Hello everyboby?
When I create component in Part Developer, I assert type for pin. Load column has two fields, Low and High. The values of output Low and
High fields determine the low and high output load values for the pin in mA. Why high output load values for the pin has negative value?
I think it's dont correct. Analogue situation with type BIDIR.
Thank you.
Regards Serg.
:?:

Re: load values in PSD15.1

Hello Serg_SV,

Negative value for the current of the output pin at high logic level indicates that the pin is sourcing current, not sinking. This is so because the positive direction for the current is "into the pin" (from outside).

maranaza

load values in PSD15.1

Hi Maranaza,
unfortunately I use PSD15.1 for windows

load values in PSD15.1

Maranaza, Thank you for you answer, but if negative value high logic level indicates that the pin is sourcing current, then Why low output load values for the pin has positive value?

Re: load values in PSD15.1

Hi Serg,

If you are not joking, the answer is: because when the pin is at low level, it sinks current. Just look at the schematic of CMOS inverter.

Cheers,
maranaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back