Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lossy material illuminated by plane wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanders

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,all.i have to set a model that lossy material is illuminated by plane wave in hfss9.2, but i have some questions here:

1 can hfss9.2 solve this problem?if no ,which software can be used?
2 if yes ,then how to set the incident plane wave( ultrawide band) in hfss?
3 "lossy " means what ? use "loss tangent" to represent or some other thing? i want the material has similar loss as earth, then how to make it?
4 can i inspect the distribution of e field in and around the loss material after simulation using hfss, that is because i want to compare reflect wave and travel wave with incident wave according to mag and phase.
5 any valuable model and info will be appretiated! sandersxiao@163.com

Hi sanders,

Please advise on your findings.

Here are things I'm almost certain of:

1 can hfss9.2 solve this problem?if no ,which software can be used?
*YES

2 if yes ,then how to set the incident plane wave( ultrawide band) in hfss?
* Click on the left handside: Excitation / Assign Incident Wave

3 "lossy " means what ? use "loss tangent" to represent or some other thing? i want the material has similar loss as earth, then how to make it?
* Search for Loss-Tangent of the earth, then put that value in Substrate Material or Lossy Material

4 can i inspect the distribution of e field in and around the loss material after simulation using hfss, that is because i want to compare reflect wave and travel wave with incident wave according to mag and phase.
* I only know how to plut field INSIDE the material. If you know how to do it OUTSIDE, please advise.

5 any valuable model and info will be appretiated! sandersxiao(at)163.com
* We'er all learning frm each other :)

hi, costox, first thank you for your reply
then i have a quesion to ask:how to plut the field in the material? though i have not tried that, the way what i have hearded is to create a plane on which the field is of interest before simulating. then you can inspect the distribution of the field on that plane in post-prosession.

best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back