Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lossless snubber of forward converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcj50105

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lossless snubber

hello! everyone
who can provide a lossless snubber of the forward converter,which can snub the spike of the mosfet when the mosfet is on/off.
TKS

lossless turn-off snubber

There are various designs on this, some complicated. The basic one is similar to a RCD snubber but with the R replaced by a series L and D combination returning to ground instead of supply. Look at the pdf file

The energy that is stored in the capacitor during turn-off is transferred later to the L as stored current. When the device turns on again the LC combination will cause a damped oscillation with freq=1/2*pi(sqrtLC) and the energy will be returned to the supply bus via the diodes.

Choose C large enough to slow the voltage on the device as for RCD type. Then choose L so that the one period of the oscillation is less than the device on-time

forward converter snubber

Thanks Full Member level 4 for your replying!
can you provide the pdf file you said? I appreciate it if you tell me the deails!:)

design lossless snubber

Just click on the "Download" in my previous post :)

forward snubber

if you work in high frenquency,you can make the oscillation bigger than mosfet on time,but the snubber inductor need a resistor snubber.
i think

lc snubber forward

hello! everyone
I really need have some data about this aspects in detail,who can provide it ? please e-mail to me as much as possible, I'll apreicate your help!
Thanks everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back