Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

loss in current supplied in two circuits-impedance mismatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxavier

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
impedance mismatch

i connected two separate circuits and there was a great loss in the current supplied. impedance mismatch might be the cause. would you know any solution to this problem?

thanks

impedance mismatch

what kind of circuits were they ?
how did u measured current loss?

Re: impedance mismatch

one is a dc dc converter with input from solar panel. its output is then connected to a battery charger which at the same time supplies power to a load.

i "measured" current loss by subtracting the current supplied to the battery from the current delivered by the solar panel. the difference is more than 250mA.

impedance mismatch

As per you replay your supply power from Solar panel to active circuit and battery but your only measuring the battery and panel current what happen to your active circuit load it may be 250mA.

please try to calculate

Solor panel power = active circuit power + battery loading power

i dont think so. as i've test the two circuits separately, they don't consume that much current. around less than 10mA each.

You should told more clear, how about output voltage and current of solar cell system , how about input voltage, current of battery.

Buck DCDC or boost?
If it is boost , low voltage to high voltage , current will reduce.

tocal09 said:
You should told more clear, how about output voltage and current of solar cell system , how about input voltage, current of battery.

here are some specs of the circuit:
solar voltage : up to 3.3V
solar current : up to 150mA (we used 2 so around 300mA)
output of first circuit/input for 2nd circuit: 5V
output of 2nd circuit: 4.4V AND a battery charger.

from the 300mA input from solar panel, current getting into battery is just 60mA

Added after 1 minutes:

hsacyl said:
Buck DCDC or boost?
If it is boost , low voltage to high voltage , current will reduce.

my first circuit is a boost dcdc converter.
so that might be the reason for the big current loss.
but what would be the ratio of the output current to the input current?
would you have any idea?
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back