Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loss calculation for Microstrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnnavigator0915

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys..
Thank you for all your help previously. I have finally designed my Microstrip combiner and divider. I am now supposed to go for 3-way, 4-way, 5-way and 6-way on similar lines.

I need to calculate all kinds of losses in this Microstrip line designing issue.
Please help me out with the equations and some theory for these calculations

Thank You for kind attention.

Regards.
[/b]

pnnavigator0915 said:
I need to calculate all kinds of losses in this Microstrip line designing issue.
Please help me out with the equations and some theory for these calculations

Thank You for kind attention.

Regards.[/b]
[/b]
Lot of papers and books has been wrote on this topic, it's practically impossible give here all known formulation.

But, in order to know accurately the µstrip loss, there is a simple, old fashioned, DOS program that is more accurate than µwave Office. Look for MWI.EXE by Rogers© Corporation.

MWI.EXE take in account dielectric losses, conductor losses, skin effect and metal roughness. The roughness play a very important role on loss determination.

Thank you.

I have got the mwi.exe already and used that program to calculate the width and other factors involved in the Microstrip line designing.

I know it also gives all the types of losses, but still I am supposed to show some substantial theoretical calculation.

Hence only i needed the theory part of the loss calculation.
Kindly help me out with this.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Regards.

Message is unavailable.

Thanks dude..

But infact my download size itself has a limit of 0.38 MB so i would not be able to downlaod it.

Ne other Source..

Thank you for your kind attention.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.