Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loop antenna being fed by a coaxial cable in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalyst

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss 12

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone has managed to setup a simulation in HFSS 9.2 consisting of a loop antenna being fed by a coaxial cable.

Cheers

Cat

hfss12

dear Catalyst,

Loop antenna, it probably is external antenna. I think that you just use wave port to be contact with antenna materal is okay. Any ground plane (e.g PCB) for the system? you could find how to simulate the antenna in tutorial.

Best Regrads,
Le

Re: HFSS and Loop Antennas

Does any1 have an example of a HFSS project consisting of any type of antenna being fed by a coax cable because I am getting strange results.

Thanks in advance

Cat

Hi Catalyst,

I suggest you to go ansoft.com and you will see a HFSS manual in pdf, it has an example of probe fed antenna.

Cheers for that.

Are there any other examples that are available ?

HFSS and Loop Antennas

**broken link removed**] this site hope it will be helpful

Last edited by a moderator:

how are you feeding your coax???

HFSS 12 CAN DO THIS.

Tutorials explains how to feed coax. you can even use wave or lumped port for coax fed structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back