Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking information about milling-machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjchl

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello can anyone help me.

I´m looking about information about milling-machines to made PCB.

Look at the following thread:
**broken link removed**

Hi,

My first question is : Are you satisfy with it?
Is it precise according to the specifications?
Is it realistic to prototype PCB for SMD?
Can you mill a SSPO foot print with it.

Thanks,

hc

Check the T-Tech Quick Cirquit (www.t-tech.com). The software used to provide isolation (the IsoPro) is protected by a sentinel spro key though.

I also have a LPKF circuit board plotter in the lab.
We use it also for 0.5mm RF boards with 0603 SMD's and SSOP's.
It works well.

If youre going to mill RF boards here's one TIP: after milling, the basis material is coated with many tiny copper particles (you can see them under the microscope), so dip the board into a soft etching solution, just to solve those copper particles. If you try this on only one half side of a test board, you will see the result under the microscope.

If there's a possibility to plate the board with silver do it !

I always use much soldering paste, befor placing the SMD parts.
So you will not need ANY solder, the solder plating of the parts is enough and the solder trickles onto the copper track.

After this, the board looks dirty, but using a cleaning lubricant or foam makes the board looking like a professional one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back