Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for windscreen rain sensor design

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmp

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Windscreen Rain sensor

hi,

I need a circuit, which automaticly controlls the wipers of my car, when it rains. I searched with google, but i can't find any usefull information, just complet KIT's, such as HELLA Raintronic... It has got an optical sensor, for the windscreen, and wen some raindrops are falling on the screen, it controlls automaticly the wipers... I need something like that..

can someone help me?

How it works?

Re: Windscreen Rain sensor

Your circuit I think is VERY easy. But sorry I have no schematics.
I think you'll need to do a lot of sleeves-rolling to get across this one. Inco-oporating the features of different circuits would do the trick.

Check discovercircuits and you'll see the schematic for a water seepage alarm. Your sensor circuit should be very close to this. Of course you wouldn't need the loud speaker. :D

The motor part is the easiest. Your sensor circuit forward-biases a transistor which in turn energises a relay, to connect the car battery to the wiper motor. And boom! your wipers start wiping.

Cheers!:D

hi,

The "water seepage alam" works with the conductive method. It needs 2 probes. If they are in water, it controlls something, what you want. But i need a schematic, with OPTICAL sensors.. So the rain sensor is inside the car, not outside the window...

umm... an optical sensor? To see the rain drops falling or what? I'm somehow lost. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back