Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for UDP IP stack in VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Life

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody, I'm looking for an UDP/IP stack written in VHDL language (I have to implement it in Spartan-6 FPGA). I'm looking for a one, as simple as possible, with these features:

-written in VHDL language ONLY, not Verilog
-to be implement in a Spartan-6
-no use of other processors or devices (as Microblaze, PowerPC and others)
-no use of external memory, no DDR or external ports, should be use only distributed memory or block ram, no other possibilities
-obviously a free UDP/IP Stack is the best but also a licensed one could be fine

Is there anywhere an UDP/IP stack with these features?

Thank you very much!

Re: UDP IP stack in VHDL

if there isnt one on Opencores.org, you may be stuck.

Re: UDP IP stack in VHDL

ComBlock.com will release a core that meets your requirements this month. The COM-5402SOFT TCP/UDP/IP stack core for Spartan-6 (no external RAM, standard MAC interface) is written in VHDL and includes all the source code. Speed is 1 Gbps running at 125 MHz processing clock. The optional lower layer (MAC) core is available now. The specifications are at comblock.com/download/com5401soft.pdf. I will be glad to answer any question.

Status
Not open for further replies.