Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for the schematics of iPod Click Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklocist

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was wondering if any has or knows where I can find the schematics for the IPOD click wheel (not nano/shuffle). Or if not available how can I test and make my own schematic?

Re: Ipod Click Wheel

These are schematics for their devices. Do you think they will closely represent the original schematics?

I don't really want to build a new click wheel but use the extras I have accumulated over time. Especially the 5 buttons they have (play, stop, menu, next, previous, center button). Maybe I am asking to much but just wanted to see if it was out there.

all that i know is that it is a product of cypress semiconductor... i mean they invented it... so i think browsing through their site or contacting them would give some insight....

I don't know. But Quantum has different ic's for different funtions. We use the slider both as slider (0-127) and 7-key keypad.

I think Srinivasan is right that the Ipod uses Cypress ic's.

If you want to know more about the QT411 just ask. (I have only experience with that one.)

from what i've heard.... they said that all the Ipod click wheel and touchpad use Cypress IC only... they hold the patent for it... it uses capacitance for detection....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back