Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for some video processing evaluation board / starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

microchaos

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ad7123 evaluation board

Gentlemen,

I am looking for some video processing evaluation board / starter kit. Actually, I need:
1. Video decoder/encoder from/to NTSC/PAL;
2. SD/MMC card interface (desirable);
3. Small form factor (not bigger than 100 x 100 mm);
4. Customizable in terms of software.

At the moment I am looking to Blackfin (BF561) platform boards with video encoder / decoder on board.
My task is to capture video from NTSC source, compress and store to SD/MMC with Fat32 and show the captured video as well. I found, that my requirements meets only Bluetechnix tinyborads and extensions.
There are some FPGA solutions as well, but I am afraid, that there is no open source RTL code for FAT32 and video compressing.

So, my question: maybe there are some other solution for my task? I mean any other hardware / software solution to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Regarding Video

Hi

I have done a video project with BF561

I have used the CM-BF561 module - it is easy to work with - as it was a microcontroller
the TVP5154 form TI for video decoding and the AD7123 from analog for video decoding

All the best

Bobi

video processing evaluation board , what's CPU type..

Re: looking for some video processing evaluation board / sta

Davinci from TI.
They are a candidate.

Re: looking for some video processing evaluation board / sta

DaVinci from IT is a good candidate. In many cases you'll get complete linux solution along with the EVB. You can start your search from

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back