Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for some features on Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMCC

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm a newbie in Altium Designer. After working for many years with Orcad, and then with Mentor Expedition I now started with Altium.

I found out that many features that I was used to are not present (or at leas I cannot find it ...) in Altium.
Can you please tell me if the following features are present in Altium and how can I access them:

1-Manual moving a via (on a fully routed track) maintaining routing (with 45º) and avoiding shorts.

2- Automatically shove adjacent tracks when moving other (using Ctlr key).

3- Automatic routing of single (or selected) tracks.

4- Automatic Optimization of a poor hand routed track (imagine a fully routed track with extra curves... can it automatically reduce it?)

5- Avoid having component pick-up when I'm routing. (I select the interactive routing tool... but sometimes I pick up components).

6. Drag a routed component with associated nets and avoiding shorts.

... Well I think this enough for today.

Please understand that I have already look up for these features, but documentation is never the one we would like...

Thank you very much for your help.
Bets Regards to you all.

AMCC

@ltium

What version of Altium Designer are you using? Some of what you want is available in new versions, but not the older ones.

altiumdesignersummer9build 9.0.0.17654 crack

House_Cat said:
What version of @ltium Designer are you using? Some of what you want is available in new versions, but not the older ones.

I would appreciate if you would answer the question for Summer 08.

altium designer best cpu

1. Not Available before W09. In W09, select the via and drag, make sure Preferences are set to "Preserve Angle When Dragging", and "Push Conflicting Object". Shift+R toggles the mode among "push, ignore, avoid, and stop at conflicting object".

2. Available in S08 only for placing new traces. You can toggle the push mode with Shift+R.
In W09, the push was expanded to moving tracks as well as placing new ones. Preferences>>PCB Editor>>Interactive Routing, and the toggle is still Shift+R.

3. Several ways - All versions: Auto Route>>Connections, or Auto Route>>Net (shortcuts AC or AN).
In versions S08 and W09 there's also another way - manually start the interactive route (shortcut PT), and then hit Ctrl+Right Click to auto complete the route.

4. Not available.

5. Lock the components and you won't be able to select or move them. You can do a global lock by using Find Similar Objects, selecting a component, and then using the Inspector Panel. You can lock individual components by double clicking on them to bring up the properties dialog.

6. Avoiding shorts is your responsibility. However, you can drag connected tracks with components in all versions by setting the option in Preferences>>General>>Other>>Comp Drag. You then use "Move Component" (shortcut MC) to drag the component. You will not be able to rotate components while moving them as long as the drag option is selected in Preferences.

AMCC

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
altium ad s08

I would like to know, where can i get the circuit maker software,
could u help me out

__sree

altium designer automatically place

how to prevent dxp designer become slow espeacially in multilayer design ...i experience it in my design .......

shelve polygon

Akramin84 said:
how to prevent dxp designer become slow espeacially in multilayer design ...i experience it in my design .......

What version are you using? Be more specific about what's slow, and I may be able to make specific recommendations. Here are a few general tips:

- If you have version 6.9 - W09, you can "Shelve" polygons to speed up operations (Tools>>Polygon Pours>>Shelve Polygons). Repainting polygons with every change takes up CPU time.

- You can turn off all online DRC except the ones related to what you are doing. The default setting is to check all design rules with every change to the board, and that's an unnecessary use of CPU time.

- You can turn off display of ratnests for large power nets like GND, VCC, etc, until you're ready to actually route them or assign them to planes. You do that from View>>Connections>>Hide Net. You can restore them when you want them from View>>Connections>>Show Net, or Show All.

- If you're using S08 or W09, use TTT (legacy interactive routing) instead of PT (smart interactive routing). The smart routing looks at every object in possible routing paths in real time to compute the best routing paths and/or objects to push or avoid. That will slow down the routing as the board gets more crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back