Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for some cost-effective MCUs that can replace STM32

Without knowing your application requirements, peripherals needed, package,
code size, memory, i/o its a total guessing game.

Let me take a guess, would this do -

1669636903411.png

Regards, Dana.

That is a terrible choice of processor - the APM32F103xE is expensive and very inefficient.

(actually it probably isn't but the original poster works for its manufacturer so I suspect they show some bias towards their products)

Brian.

You can try APT32F1104C8T6, which only costs $0.5. I have used it to design several electronic products, and it is very good.
Michael Lee

Attachments

• APT32F110x User's Manual EN V1.2.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 96
  • APT32F1104 Datasheet EN V1.3.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
Hello!

I'm recently looking for some relatively low-priced MCUs that can replace STM32

Usually when you want to replace a chip by another one, there must be a very good
technical reason. Most of the time, if you are using for instance SRM32 in your case,
then you are familiar with the development environment, etc. So shifting to another
microcontroller translate to a new learning curve, even if you program it with in
the same language.
So it might be good to tell us why you want to change. Is there something you cannot
do with STM32? As you know, there are myriads of types, from low power (low CPU power),
cheap MCUs to high end systems with double core architecture).
Let's make it short: what is the problem ?
Beside this: what price do you have in mind? Low price means nothing. 1 Euro CPU is
low cost, but it's way too expensive if you want to make an infrared remote controller
and sell it.

Dora.

I'm recently looking for some relatively low-priced MCUs that can replace STM32, can anyone recommend them?

Also, I found a new one, I feel good reading the description, but I don't know how the performance is, has anyone heard of it?

https://global.geehy.com/blog/Product/APM32F103xESeriesMCU.html
it is Chinese brand, many Chinese factrories use it to replace STM as ST products were shortege in the past few years. i don't know your application, maybe you can apply for some free samples to try.

Total system cost is generally the figure of merit.

Some SOC devices contain this (multiple copies of many of these resources) onchip :

1687951407337.png

So do you want system / solution cost to be minimal or just the processor ?

Regards, Dana.

Total system cost is generally the figure of merit.

Some SOC devices contain this (multiple copies of many of these resources) onchip :

View attachment 183561

So do you want system / solution cost to be minimal or just the processor ?

Regards, Dana.
your idea is better, but R&D designer need to change a lot, sometimes they are lazy.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: