Not open for further replies.

maui

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
64f3642

I just got some (300) of these (HD64F3642AH) off a friend for free, and I hane no Idea about these chips yet.
I have downloaded the datasheet but have not read much of it yet.
I was wondering if anyone has any knowlege of this chip or the series.
It is a Hitachi Single-Chip Microcomputer, H8/3644 Series.
I want to know about programmers for these chips, where I can get one what they cost.
Also what assemblers, C compilers, simulators etc are available and where from.

Also I am unsure what a "microcomputer" is.
I know a microprocesser has no on-chip memory (only maby cach memory).
and a microcontroller is a self contained computing device with memory and perifirals, but what is a "one chip microcomputer"?

Thanks for info on any of the questions above.

Maui

Re: HD64F3642AH

The 64F3642 is quite a nice microcontroller based on the H/300L core. They contain a bootloader in ROM. By setting a few pin states before powerup the chip enters programming mode. In programming mode you can (re)program the chip using the serial port.

Good C as well as C++ compilers are sold by Renesas but also by IAR for example. Also GCC is capable of cross compile for H8 code.

I would call this chip a microcontroller; the term "microcomputer" is just a (bad) translation I guess...

Good luck with your project.

(If you decide not to do anything with these chips, I might be interested in a few of them...)

maui

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Gorilla,

Thanks that was what I wanted to know.

With regard to the bootloader, do you know what PC software I can use to program it with, and where I can get said software from?

It does seem like a cool little UC.
I will definatly find a use for them, but if I have any left over I will give you a pm.

Maui

Renesas calls their programming tool "FDT" (Flash Development Toolkit). It is a free download:

**broken link removed**

The list of supported devices includes the 3644 family (but you'll have to download an add-on for FDT to support it):

**broken link removed**

Happy coding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…