Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for schematics of 4km Range FM Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

richmon74

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
4km fm transmitter

i need to make an FM Transmitter that will cover 4km radius. Is anybody with such a schematic and is willing to share? links could be useful.

i ran into the page in the attachment below (i can't get the link to that page online anymore that is why i had to post it) and i'm ready to use the circuit there but antenna is my prob. I dont know about antena designs but a guide could make so much good

the linke to the design of their antenna in the page is'n alive so i want someone to help me go through a design of antena to suite the schematic there

N/B: i am very bussy i wouldn't want to go through the stress of reading on antenna design now.

Hi richmon74

I see following possibilities for your antenna:
1.) Using a lambda/4 antenna. This antenna has a pattern similar to a donought cutted in the middle. I think it is useful for broadcasting FM radio. It is built of two parts: a good ground (earth) and a wire with the length of 1/4 of lambda. In your case (100 MHz) the length will be about 0.75m. This wire has to be orthogonal to earth. At the feedpoint you connect a coax directly to earth and this antenna (inner conductor). On your transmitter you can connect this cable without a balun to C11 (without C12). The impedance of this antenna is near the output impedance of 75Ohms.

2.) Using the suggested dipole. To build this antenna you use a wire (about 1mm diameter) with then length of lambda (3 meter). You create a form looking like the one in the page. The distance between the upper and lower wire should be some cm. The complete antenna will have a length of about 1.5 meters and uses the described balun to connect. This antenna has a little bit more gain (= range) than the first one.

3.) Using a Yagi. This is a directional antenna. So only people inside this area can hear your signal. Is this what you want?

Bye

mr_ghz said:
3.) Using a Yagi. This is a directional antenna. So only people inside this area can hear your signal. Is this what you want?

Bye

actually i would like it to cover a circullar radius of about 4km

j-pole

Use j-pole antenna. There is a lot of projects for fm on the web.

Re: j-pole

Borber said:
There is a lot of projects for fm on the web.

that's true but funny enough most of them don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back