Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for schematic for ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
icd2 18f4550

Hi,jenda
I built this icd2. it works well.THank you very much!

схема microchip icd2

Hi

can someone tell me if the ICD2 clone (**broken link removed**), with 16F877A is working with this bootloader in RS232,

because the firmeware couldn't be uploaded.

one a new board i use a 16F877 (like original), with the BL010101.hex (microchip Bootloadere file in MPLAB ICD2 rep) and i've an error like:
ICD0133: Firmware does not support command (0x8).

It's starnge because it's the same PIC and the OFFICIAL Bootloader...

I'm using MPLAB IDE 7.01

Thx

icd2 +schematic

Have you test dspic30f, I did a icd2 too, it worked for 16f and 18f are perfectly, but it can not work for dspic30f4013, I don't know the reason.

microchip icd2 schema

Gentlemen,

Does anyone know the differences between the 'standard' bootloader file and the 'A' version bootloader file?

Thanks... Regards, Mike

icd2 target 3v

one is for PIC 16F877 and the other one is for 16F877A

icd2+circuito

Does anyone has used FT232BM from FTDI as USB chip in an ICD2 clone ?
Regards

simple icd2 circuit

ngpenn said:
Does anyone has used FT232BM from FTDI as USB chip in an ICD2 clone ?
Regards

Yes, I use, but it only allows to use as virtual port COM with the maximal speed 57600 baud, but also I take Vcc (5V) USB port.

**broken link removed**

16f877a icd2 schematic

Hi to all
I'm new in PIC ICDs, but using a lot of PICs.
I'm writing my software in CCS C so I'm wondering is there any kind of ICD compatible with it?
Thanks

877 icd2 schematic

Hi all,
does anybody know wich file from the ICD2 directory MPLAB is downloading to de Cypress chip via USB on power on ? (because the Cypress chip have ram memory program, it is nescesary to download an inicial code from MPLAB to the Cypress chip).
Thank you.

Added after 13 minutes:

davorin said:
The installation doc says that it first downloads the EZUSB firmware to the ICD2...

Hi davorin, do you know wich file MPLAB is downloading to the ICD2 Cypress chip ?, an EZUSB firmware, maybe located in the ICD2 directory, but wich file is ?
Thank you

real ice schematic

Jenda has done a good job. But I feel CP2102 from Silicon Lab is still one of the simplest USB to UART Bridge arround.

Any future plans in developing a ICD with this chip ?

icd 2 circuit

jenda said:
Hi,

I am no longer using RS232 because USB is really comfortable.
If you are looking for an ICD2 without USB, search edaboard.com for pure RS232 designs. Those circuits are often much simpler to build and need less parts.

Regards, Jenda

Hi Jenda, do you know where to purcase the USB chip ?
Cheers

programmateur rs232 74hct

preatorian said:
Hi to all
I'm new in PIC ICDs, but using a lot of PICs.
I'm writing my software in CCS C so I'm wondering is there any kind of ICD compatible with it?
Thanks

You can use ICD-1 to debug with CCS IDE, but firmware in ICD-1 must be CCS firmware, not an original from MicroChip. Before one year, I was cloning ICD-1 to ICD-S,ICD-S20 and ICD-S40 and I have no problem with them. I have one of my ICD-S40 cloning for sale.

schematic mplab icd2

this is ICD2 schematic i found in sixca.com

icd2 schmeatic

Hai All,

I have a Question.

In my laptop I dont have Serial connector. I use a "usb to serial" convertor to connect ICD2. Is this is equalent to using USB ICD2?

Out of eagerness I am asking?.
I doubt its not equalent.

Any suggestions or comments??

Regards
Gopi

reg103 schematic

If you have a real ICD2 it uses a different channel to talk USB;

The serial version is slower

Regards,

MovingBait
Ü

schematic icd2 microchip

itz true that the ICD2 based on Lothar Stolz circuit is quite slow? how if its integrated with USB interface? will it stil be slow?

unicron scematic

Hi,
the ICD2 based on Lothar Stolz circuit is slow as any ICD2 on RS232 com port.
Because, it's based on a RS232 to USB converter.
On your computer this converter will be recognize as a RS232 com port, and when you want to connect to ICD2 with MPLAB you must select COM port and not USB.
If you want a full speed USB ICD2 module look at the forum with keyword "silicium31".
THis ICD2 module is based on a CYPRESS µc, with a full speed USB connection.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back