Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for schematic for ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schematics for ICD2

The free Google Sketchup is quite a tool. Tons of free drawings too on google. Don't give up, it took me a couple of weeks to learn but I'm still working on the mastery. The video tutorials will help you. Practice and you can do something like this.
**broken link removed**

Re: Schematics for ICD2

cristiandinca said:
Is there someone who has the schemtaic for ICD 2 ?
who have the schematic of the newest ICD2?

Schematics for ICD2

Great work Jenda but does ur Schematics for ICD2 works with dspic30 or dspic33?
Thanks for your effort.ur work I believe is helping many...
Cheers

Schematics for ICD2

Any ICD2 clone can program the 5V ds30 PICs. If you want 3.3V you'll have to find the versions with TTL output buffers. 74HCT125 etc...

maskelibalo said:
hi...
icd2 PCB pdf format and 877A-bootloder
Source Link:
www.blueroomelectronics.com

for 877 hex mplab-BL010101HEX...

8_1167313280.jpg

49_1167312630.JPG

Thank you.

Schematics for ICD2

Which of all the ICD2 clones floating about is best. Some are much simpler than others. Also some I've seen seem to generate the Vpp but then never use it anywhere, not sure whats going on there.

phang69 said:
Which of all the ICD2 clones floating about is best. Some are much simpler than others. Also some I've seen seem to generate the Vpp but then never use it anywhere, not sure whats going on there.

first you NEED one with a real usb interface, not a usb to rs232 converter...
this one (with 18f4550 and 16f877) is much complex, but will work FAST for debug and generate the correct voltages..
the link some posts above is correct.

http://www.icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page

Schematics for ICD2

Really great, it must have been very much work - I tried it myself - so thanks very much for publishing these results.

regards
salamander

Let's start to play with PICkit2.
PICkit2 has been supported by MPLAB V7.62, and now support both Debugging and programming.

http://www.mcubbs.com/bbs/thread-2093-1-1.html

None of the ICD2 clones design are really close to the microchip design.
However, since Microchip published their PICkit 2 design schematic to public. It is time to clone a fully Microchip-compatable PICKit2.

blueroomelectronics said:
Why would you say the ICD2 is dying? Microchip has made no such claim.
No.
However, from the design architecture (both hardware and software), easy of using and functionality, the ICD2 design is obsolete.
The marketing guy will keep ICD2 alive for quite a while since ICD2 bring in good money for sales.

Schematics for ICD2

What makes it obsolete? It's much faster than the PICKit2 for debugging.
A professional engineer would use a Real ICE anyway. Scads faster than any debugger.

PS do you have a less fuzzy photo of the board for your site?

Schematics for ICD2

Did I answer the "fuzzy photo" before?
I think somehow I lost one post.

In our group, We have a physic PH.D who is an expert/and is working on filter algorithm on photo/picture handling. We are currently using one of our web pages testing his expertise.

Here is my old post:
Working on that.
Exactly, we have one expert who is doing technology development in making a fuzzy picture clean and clear. We have some achievement to clear the aging-color, however still need some progress to make an announcement for public usage. The reason I put a fuzzy picture on one of my product is to let my college be able to download it all the time and doing his algorithm testing.

Thanks for visit us and pay attention to our tricked staff. Nice job.
P.S. can someone clean the fuzzy picture on our web, we might have something in common on the new algorithm developemtn on photo handling. It is always good to exchange good idea and fresh minds.

Schematics for ICD2

You have a PH.D working on a simple photo reducing algorithm? Photoshop and many other programs can do this too.

PCBs photo well on a flatbed scanner.

Here's a preview of our design, it'll be blue and is also a tutor. Through hole components are used as they are easier to get and solder for most people. This is not the final layout, still too messy :)
**broken link removed**

Schematics for ICD2

Good, I am more than glad to hear that, please go ahead download the fuzzy picture on our web site and send a clean and clear picture back to the web master. You will be appreciated.

If that's something "Photoshop" kind of software can achieved, please prove it for us. Then we don't have to waste a high level expert's (with physic ph.d. degree and more than 30 years of laser/photo industry experience) time on this project any more.

All we know (it might not be true, if anyone can prove we are wrong) is there is still no any commercialized software can achieve this kind of goal so far. If there is one, Au Groups will be the first. As I indicated before, one of my colleges does make some breakthrough, we can achieve certain level of success, however there still is a long way to go.

We really would like to keep quite before it is accomplished. Probably, in next 5-10 years, once our mathematic science gets big progress.:D

BTW, Here is one PICkit2 PCB board layout which is on production already, with ALL SMD design. (Hand soldering is not that hard, if you want to de-soldering, it is a lot easier than the through-hole components, just the components are hard to get, so we also carry the components on the web site):|
raw board:
83_1191179746.jpg

Assembly drawing:

PICkit 2 assembled:
87_1191181173.jpg

Board in an enclosure:
72_1191181333.jpg

Size: 2.84" by 1.26"(about 72mm by 32 mm); kind of small compare with the Microchip one. However this design included (optional) additional power supply like the ICD2 did.

Want schematic (freely distribute as open-source design) and installation instruction (freely distribute), please check this link:

Schematics for ICD2

You need a good photo to start with, and reduce it with Photoshop. You can't make a bad or unfocused photo much better.

Schematics for ICD2

You can't make a bad or unfocused photo much better.
Thanks for not denying our work. My understand is you mean from Photoshop ,you can't make a bad or unfocused photo much better. As I said before we do have some achievement, the service will not be launched until we think it is ready.

The situation which is happening in the real world is:

When a photo (from either a digital camera or a regular 35mm film type camera) is not clear, people might still want to get a clean and clear picture out from the fuzzy ones. Not vice versa.

There are also many similar requirements in the industry; however nobody has a mature solution so far, not photoshop.

That's the reason, we are working on this. Even though long, long way to go. :cry:

In the mean time, We really would like to have some expert to share the common interest in the development process.
Funny NYPD

well this is my icd...
no nice.... but is working!!
whit max232 16f876/a edn lm 358 or 741 or tranzistors.

lotar's project
big bgi BIG BIG THANK YOU

Schematics for ICD2

zoro1,
you can post the picture like many others did. Click "upload image", then upload your photo, after that you need click a button to copy the link and past the link in your contents.

It took me a while to figure out this. Very powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back