Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for resources on RF circuit layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

melonpy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RF circuit layout?

Does someone have document or suggestion about RF circuit layout?

Re: RF circuit layout?

The sugestion is easy to say and dificult to follow (in some cases).

You must use correct impedance (typicaly 50 ohm), no 90 degree corners, enought distante to minimize coupling, good substrate (depends on aplication),....

But I can't remenber now any book. If you tell us more about your problem, LNA amplifier, power amplifier, antenna, pll,... frecuency may we can give you some clue.

Reactions: arief1

arief1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi,
Do refer the data sheets and the ANs. They are the best source for the recommended layout.
BRM

Another factor is to route the circuit signal flow so that high level signals are far away from low level signals to prevent contamination. A straight line path is the best.

what's your problem?

is it rf pcb layout or rf ic layout?

you can search the relative issues on GOOGLE website using the key words like "RF pcb layout" etc.

We have a project about RF circuit design( I mean RF IC design,not pcb).
We must tape out this IC, so we must do backend layout. And I want to know some good experiences or suggestions about RF IC layout.

watch you sub-ring for isolation
watch power and gnd line for each block
watch signal line far the PA big power noise
watch your vdd -- gnd protect
good floorplan will have good performance

Good luck

Route the input signal(s) on one side of the chip and the output on the other. Preserve symmetry where needed.
Avoid long connections.

nathan

Depending on the frequency of operation you must choose the PCB substrate.
Normally upto uhf range FR4 is good.
If your circuit contains power amplifiers and local oscillators, their grounding and shielding will have a remakable effect on overall performance of the system.
If you are doing multi layer PCBs, near oscillator region select ground layer distantly placed (in case of microstrip ) and so you get a better Q and better phase noise.
If you have some specific doubts , please ask.
thank you

It depends on what frequency your signal have .
Impedence is relate with structure and length is relate with delay and phase.

it denpends on what you want to design. You can first circuits smulation by eda tools, such as ADS, Cadence..., then use the layout tools: Cadence, Ledit...
first of all, you must make sure what frequcy band you want to use.

have fun

Hi,

I am now designing an LNA at 2.4GHz.

I never did the RF/analog layout before, All I have is the book "the art of analog layout". I think this kind of textbook is just too general. And I did search in google for RFIC layout, but little valuable was found. :( So, does anyone here have any specific materials on RFIC(or LNA) layout??

Thank you.

Learn2Fly

Till now I have not yet find many materials specificly for RFIC or LNA. Searched for them for a long time.
But if u just begin, check **broken link removed**
And there is a file called consistent layout techniques for successful rf cmos design on line.
You could search for it.

RF circuit layout?

Hi, yorande,

I cannot find the paper titled "consistent layout techniques for successful rf cmos design" in this forum, in google ...

If u have it, could u please give me a copy by learning2bstill@yahoo.com? or just upload it here?

Thank you.

Hi, Learn2Fly
I have sent it to you..
I got it from google..
In fact, almost all of my materials about layout is from the net.

RF layout is quite systemwise but get complexity for a compact limited area of PCB.

Hi yorande,

Could you send one to me also? I tried to find it on the web but ended in vain.

My address is edward_wangcn@yahoo.com.cn

Thanks and Regards

Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back