Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for resources on designing phase frequency detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

husseinadel

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phase frequency detector

hello
i want to design pfd, i intend to use the conventional pfd, so i need to design fully differential CML d-flip flop with reset and similar and/nand gate, so if any one has resources like papers, books,links , discussing this issue or discussing the cmos cml logic in general ,please upload it ,note: i work on 0.18u cmos technology, and at approximately 1GHz frequency
thanks

husseinadel

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: phase frequency detector

ok, what in the jssc that i saw is discussing mainly new methodologies for the pfd , and express the gates with its symbol,and the schematics i saw doesnt contain the d-ff i wanted asa i want it resetable fullydifferential, so as you said there is a lot you might seen it, so can you please upload one of them if they contain the resetable d-ff?,,,,,anyway my question mainly target the implementation of resettable d-ff cml and similar "AND" gate
thanks for replying

freewing

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: phase frequency detector

I believe the working frequency of your PFD is not 1GHz. If it's less than a couple of hundred MHz, then normal DFFs should be enough. For differential CML DFF, you can refer to Mike Perrott's lecture notes about high-speed IC. (MIT )

floatice

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phase frequency detector

you can find some papers about CML :
1、A GHz MOS Adaptive Pipeline Technique Using
MOS Current-Mode Logic,IEEE JOURNAL OF SOLID-STATE CIRCUITS, VOL. 31 NO. 6, JUNE 1996
2、2-GHz/2-mW and 12-GHz/30-mW Dual-Modulus Prescalers in Silicon Bipolar Technology,IEEE JOURNAL OF SOLID-STATE CIRCUITS, VOL. 36, NO. 9, SEPTEMBER 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor