Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for replacement of Teccors L200X to drive a triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elavionic

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Triac and µC

I'm using a PIC12f508 for a small project. At current time i'm using a moc3041 (optotriac with zero cross) to drive a triac (BTA600-08). My plan is to remove the opto. I know that are some logic level triac or sensitive gate triac. I already had a sample code for zero crossing detection.
I find L200X from Teccor an excelent choise but they are hard to find, so i'm looking for others.
Thus anyone ever worked with one of this?
If so wich one?
Can you give me some examples?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Triac and µC

There are some serious safety and legal issues you will face by not being opto isolated or other type of isolation. One way around these is if your entire controlling and switching circuit are enclosed in a double insulated box.

I know that isn't safe but thats no problem. The enclosure is plastic with IP67 protection. The power supply is very simple ( no transformer based) so all the circuit isn´t isolated, and for that reason i don't need an optotriac (reduces project costs).

The power supply is very simple ( no transformer based) so all the circuit isn´t isolated, and for that reason i don't need an optotriac (reduces project costs).

There is another problem... the gate current must be over 50mA... for opto diac the command curent is reduced to 5-10mA. Your power source is enough to supply energy for your board?

hope this help,
//a

one more problem with direct driving,
if the Triac or its associated component fails your µC can get damaged.

I could't read from your post full part number, so I don't know the rated current of your triac. If it is not too high, you can get sensitive gate version from Phillips or ST. You can drive 10 or 16 A sens. gate triac from uC. If you have spare uC pins, connect them in parallel to drive the triac.

maranaza

Thank you all for the tips. I find, at ST, some sensitive triacs with only 5 to 10 mA gate current for load up to 10A, more then enought for me. When i make it work i'll post the schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back