Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for replacement for SK8085 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay2k1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
has anyone used this ic? originally it was made by Unitrode, but they merged with TI, and nobody knows a replacement for it. It seems to be more likely a 3842, but with internal Rt/Ct ....

sk-8085

i've done some research, burned a few, but i finally manage to replace sk8085 with uuc3842.

here it goes:

swap pin 1 and 2 (comp and feedback)

mount 100k resistor between 1 and 2

remove capacitor between gnd and pin 4

mount RC network between 4 (ref out), 8 (RC), and gnd (eg. 10k from pin 8 to pin 4, 4.7 nF between pin 4 and GND)

Good luck .... please notify in case of problems

dragos_mb@yahoo.com

Re: sk 8085

hello;
thank you very much for sharing your experience.
i replaced sk-8085 as per your instruction and it worked, but now i am facing a problem, when i turn on the power, output starts blinking and sound like click.. click.. and when i puts some load at this condition , then output stops clicking and holds and produces constant output but generated whistling sounds.
please suggest what should i do now?

i am attaching the behavour of power supply
YouTube - 01032011005

thank you for your cooperation
Best Regards
mkk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back