Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for PWM component with 3 inputs and 6 outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom2

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pwm_component

Is anybody who know if exit any component which can have 3 input of PWM and generate 6 output of PWM.If not how to do this?????

pwm_component

Tom2 said:
Is anybody who know if exit any component which can have 3 input of PWM and generate 6 output of PWM.
Look among ARM microcontrollers. Don't look among PICs. Long time ago there was a "PWM processor" made by Hitachi. But it might be hard to obtain now.

Tom2 said:
If not how to do this?
If I were to do it, I would build a digital PWM generators and receivers inside CPLD.

There is an analog way of doing this too.

Re: pwm_component

There is an analog way of doing this too

What is the analog way??

pwm_component

If you put PWM through a low-pass filter, you will get an average voltage, that's proportional to the duty cycle of PWM.

Generating PWM with analog is a little more complex. You generate a triangualr or sawtooth wave and runt it through an analog threshold comparator. By varying the threshold voltage you vary the PWM duty cycle. There are a lot of ICs that are built for this purpose. DigiKey has about 2000 ICs in the PWM section.
Also take a look at this **broken link removed**

Look among ARM microcontrollers. Don't look among PICs. Long time ago there was a "PWM processor" made by Hitachi. But it might be hard to obtain now.

I use pic.Is it possiple to do it.Pic can generate 3 pwm but i need 6 channel

Tom2 said:
I use pic.Is it possiple to do it.Pic can generate 3 pwm but i need 6 channel

Tom, my friend,

Everything's possible. :) And/But there's a half a dozen ways of doind it. :| Unless the question itself is educating, nobody is going think about the solution. At least not for free. At least no more than you have thought about it yourself.

Basically, you need to post your specs and constraints:

- First of all, why on Earth do you need 6 different PWM signals? What does the whole system look like?
- frequency or frequency range
- duty cycle range

Best regards,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back