Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for pulse amplifier capable of handling 10 Amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouchy

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pulse Ampfier

Hi all,

I am looking for a pulse amplifier, that is capable of handling 10Amp, Vcc= 60V, and that can work up to 10MHz. can someone give some advise.
bouchy

Re: Pulse Ampfier

If you select fast opamp and add external transistors to boost current you will have a fast pulse amplifier.
Example in the attached drawing ..

bouchy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi Ianp,

Can please tell me how to control this op amp. I was thinking about a simple CE transistor with RC and RE resistors, It that ok? Any comment will me appreciate it.
Thanks for you help.

Bouchy

You cannot use "simple CE transistor" because you can not find transistor that has reqired gain at this conditions - 10A and 10MHz. In most casses there is sharp gain decreese in region above several amps, severam megahertz.

In fact it is not simple task, as you can think. For example there is power operational amplifiers that furfill this requirements, but they a expensive . Prices for Apex chips are in region above several hundred $ . . .

bouchy

If you say 10MHz and 10A, then what impulse width do you have in mind and what peec current would you like to have, 10A?
As this circuit increases the HF response of an opamp, it also increases the output current. Depending on the peek value of pulses current you may need to use 2-transistors per rail in darlington configuration ..

bouchy

Pulse Ampfier

What exactly do you mean by a pulse amplifier?
If all you need is a fast electronic switch, then how about an RF power MOSFET? They have fast rise/fall times.
Example: **broken link removed**

bouchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back