Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for papers about comparator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

qiushidaren

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Comparator Design

I am going to do a project which is part of a training for our new graduates who have not joined this company for a long time, the objectives of this project is as below:
1) Learn to know some primary concepts and characteristcs (static and dynamic characteristics) about comparator
2) Learn to use common design tools
3) Complete the primary schematic
4) Delay time is 40ns and the comparing resolution is 0.1mv

Can someone provide me some useful references about comparators, papers or anything else, thank you in advance!!!It is very hard for me to down the pdf docs here because of the network here, so please send me emails, my address is qsdaren@163.com,thank you so much!!!

Comparator Design

1) I sent u the circuit for example. Iref=10uA, Tp~60 us, Vdd=5V+/-10%. U can remove input stages with common emitter, they form input inpedance, and replace bip tr. by mos tr. U can remove pos. feedback capacitor and load of diff. stage for decrease Tp value. U can remove pos. feedback that form threshold.
2) Precision - 0.1mV. What do u mean? Voltage gain or offset? If offset than u need bip. tr as input tr. in diff. stage (Bip or BiCMOS process).

Good luck

Re: Comparator Design

I have some comparator design material (pdf file). will email u soon if u want. actually, u may find some in Allen's CMOS book.

regards,

windmillkity said:
I have some comparator design material (pdf file). will email u soon if u want. actually, u may find some in Allen's CMOS book.

regards,
Yeah, I need your material, thank you!!!! Plz send me emails.

I suggest u to read "CMOS Analog Circuit Design" by Philip Allen.
There is one chapter about comparator design.

An interesting paper about comparators just came in July's IEEE Transactions on Circuitsand Systems II (pag. 541):

"Kickback noise reduction techniques for CMOS latched comparators".

You may want to check it...

Regards.

PS: In the same TCAS issue there is also a paper on the two-stage amp with a very nice idea ....

maxwellequ said:
An interesting paper about comparators just came in July's IEEE Transactions on Circuitsand Systems II (pag. 541):

"Kickback noise reduction techniques for CMOS latched comparators".

You may want to check it...

Regards.

PS: In the same TCAS issue there is also a paper on the two-stage amp with a very nice idea ....
Thank you for your advice, but I haven't got a ID of IEEEplore, so I can't download the papers from IEEE, could you send them to my emailbox, thank you very much, my email is qsdaren@163.com.

Comparator Design

You can refer to Alllen's <<CMOS Analog Circuit Design>> which willl tell you te design the comparator step by step.

if you can access ieeexplore,you can find many valuable papers.If not,google@

Can anyone else provide me some useful information?
Thank you in advance!!!

referring to martin's book

Comparator Design

For Comparator Design,
Plz refer
1.Analog Integrated circuits by Ken & martin
or 2. CMOS Analog Design by Allen Holberg.

I personlly like, Ken & Martin's approach.
Regrads,
Abhi

Allen book is so good for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back