Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for overview of basic digital circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

twb8t5

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for resources (ebooks are not allowed) about basic digital circuits.
I do not know what to look for precisely. (or else I would not ask here but use go*gle)
There must be something like the top two dozen digital circuits that one can use to make up all the complex stuff. I am not looking for gates, but for the next complexity level up. The XOR might be the least complex circuit in that group. All I can think of are: Adder, MUX, single one to position coder, Flip-Flop / latch, counter.
I am looking for somewhat more complicated, less basic circuits. Stuff that is made up of multiple 4000 series parts.
I have to design a digital circuit and don't want to waste time reinventing the wheel, because I missed something basic that everyone knows.
thx for reading my request.

I have found something: "Advanced Synthesis Cookbook" by Altera Corp. MNL-01017-6.0 July 2011 127 pages
cookbook.zip with examples
I even used the search term "cookbook" but the other terms must have been insufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back