Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for mechanical or 3D EM model for Smart Card (SIM) connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemic

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I need to do an EMI/EMC simulation on a design that includes a Smart Card (SIM) connector. I am planning to use either HFSS of EMPro for the task, but it is extremely difficult to draw the model of the connector itself in an accurate way.

Does anyone has a mechanical or 3D EM model for such a connector (or can point me to some online resource)?

Thanks a lot

S.

draw simple model for emi

Precise 3D connector models are usually provided for high speed data and RF connectors. I doubt if any vendor has it for their SIM card connectors. I guess, it's a relaistic assumption, that have to draw it yourself. There are also very different constructions in use.

The required accuracy and mechanical resolution however depends strongly on the frequency range of interest. But even when modelling e.g. susceptibility to mobile originated RF interferences, simplified geometries should be able to reflect the real behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back