Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for materials to learn Physical Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

satiah

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..

If Anybody have some materials which helps me learning Physical design. Please upload.

Thanks

Physical Design

Re: Physical Design

i am doing work in pcb layout design
what is the exact mening of physical design
what you will exactly do work
please send me the reply
thanks

Physical Design

hi prakash,
whatever you are doing in pcb, will be done in silicon incase of physical design. you will probably be designing the traces. here, ppl r designing masks which will be used during semiconductor processing.

processing involves creation of openings on a layer laid above the silicon. This layer is called mask, which can be removed by means of chemicals.

some parts of it are exposed to the UV light and some parts are not. The parts which are not exposed to UV light will be dissolved by chemicals. When the same chemical is applied to the parts exposed to light, they will not dissolve. So, this leaves some areas of silicon open for further processing and some are not.

The silicon used as substrate will not have any n or p junctions. it ll be a insulating substrate. Now, some parts of the silicon are uncovered and some are covered. The uncovered parts will be diffused with boron or phosporous so as to make them into n or p type materials, essential components for making a transistor.

The abstracted process of making this mask is called physical design.

Re: Physical Design

thanks a lot sree
intially i think what is a physical design?
but now i got some idea about it
thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back