Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for materials about low power ASIC RTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

shitansh

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

can any one provide some material or docs related to low power ASIC RTL design.

In my need, i need to work on the low power RTL design where, I need to instantiate some power domain crossing cells in the existing RTL and have to write a constrain file for VCS (synopsis simulation tool) for doing the proper verification of these cells.

Waiting for your reply,
Thanks,
Shitansh Vaghela

Re: low power ASIC RTL

shitansh said:
Hi,

can any one provide some material or docs related to low power ASIC RTL design.

In my need, i need to work on the low power RTL design where, I need to instantiate some power domain crossing cells in the existing RTL and have to write a constrain file for VCS (synopsis simulation tool) for doing the proper verification of these cells.

Waiting for your reply,
Thanks,
Shitansh Vaghela

Basically you need to be writing UPF/CPF files and mention your PDs. The tweak your stimulus to model the Power State Table. You may also add assertions to verify the Power Management Unit (PMU) and func-cov to ensure full testing.

During previous academic year, Sugnath Kumar, a M.Tech VLSI graduate from Amrita Engg college Bangalore worked on similar project with us at CVC (www.cvcblr.com) as his Master's thesis. This was part of our BUDS Internship, a free - Do-it Yourself Internship with guidance from TeamCVC - see: **broken link removed**

If you are a current final year student, contact us via www.cvcblr.com for more on this. You may also contact Suganth directly via: http://in.linkedin.com/pub/suganth-kumar/1b/2a2/11

We are also publishing a paper based on this work at VLSI COnf 2011 (if accepted, of-course).

Regards
TeamCVC
www.cvcblr.com/blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back