Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for manuals, user / service for Feedback FG600 also Thurlby Thandar SM630, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

specmaster

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Looking for user and or service manuals or any other useful information, please on 2 items, A/ Feedback Function Generator FG600 and B/ Thurlby Thandar DM630 scopemaster, this is an early attempt at a digital multimeter and 20MHz oscilloscope. Information on both these seem to be almost none existent. Any help in this dept would be most welcome.

Hello specmaster.
Check the following link for the Function Generator:

I hope it helps.
Regards,
Relayer
Hello Relayer,

Thanks for the link, but I doubt it is any use to me unless it is the same thing as the one I'm looking, but in a different form factor.

I attach a photo of the one that I need manuals for in case it jogs anyone's memory cells, thanks again anyway, I do collect as many manuals etc as I can, just in case they might be useful.

Attachments

• FG600.JPG
    FG600.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 160

The linked article describes Elenco FG-600 as using the XR2206 IC, a popular inexpensive waveform generator. It's been around long enough to appear in various projects. It was made to work with a few added components, so the same schematic pretty much is of interest to everyone. However other project details depend on the tastes of the designers, and what parts are available.

For example I bought my XR2206 at Radio Shack in the 1980's, to build a home-brew unit which performs suitably. In the same enclosure I built a frequency counter (6 digit), because we want to know what frequency is coming from our function generator.

The linked article describes Elenco FG-600 as using the XR2206 IC, a popular inexpensive waveform generator. It's been around long enough to appear in various projects. It was made to work with a few added components, so the same schematic pretty much is of interest to everyone. However other project details depend on the tastes of the designers, and what parts are available.

For example I bought my XR2206 at Radio Shack in the 1980's, to build a home-brew unit which performs suitably. In the same enclosure I built a frequency counter (6 digit), because we want to know what frequency is coming from our function generator.
Thanks, but at this moment, I don't have this function generator, having just purchased it and awaiting its dispatch, so I'm unable to check if it uses the same IC. I already have another FG, a TTi TG120 20MHz which works perfectly, along with a TTi counter TF930 3GHz.

I have many pieces of kit in my small home lab, built up over the last few years and for piece of kit, I have its operating / user manual alongside the service manual so that if anything requires repairs or calibration, I have the information to hand on how to do it.

The other piece of equipment coming with the Feedback FG600 is anther TTi item, being an earlier product from that stable, its a Thurlby & Thandar SM630, which is a bench multimeter combined with a 20MHz oscilloscope which is going to be used as signal tracer, mainly for use on audio equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.