Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for LCR + ESR meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysenghani

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to buy LCR + ESR meter. please suggest me good quality cheap Meter.

i've seen UNI-T UT612 and Mastech MS5308 which one is good among this two??

please share your experience....

i want ESR and In circuit measurement feature ......:roll:

We have lot of RLC meters available in local market itself from price range of Rs3500 like Var-Tech, Bee Tech, etc..., If you need high quality meter, you have to spend much (Agilent U1732A, Tektronix, Fluke, Rish, etc...,)

Whatever the meter you are using... it is advisable to remove the component(atleast one leg) from the circuit to avoid the wrong reading... the lengthier wire will give you error value of inductance(because of the wire inductance) ....

Regards

i want to buy LCR + ESR meter. please suggest me good quality cheap Meter.

i've seen UNI-T UT612 and Mastech MS5308 which one is good among this two??

please share your experience....

What amount of money define "good quality cheap meter" ?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

or maybe some cheap Fluke instrument....

any body built ELV ESR meter. i'm planning do design this schematic because component are easily available.

- - - Updated - - -

the same for half the price ...
**broken link removed**

can we use this MASTECH MS5308 as in circuit measurement (without desoldering component from PCB) ???

can MS5308 give ESR measurement as accurate as bob parker and atlas ESR70 gives????

the mastech ms5308 is an lcr meter and is far more precise than an esr meter that measure only ... esr ! and sometimes capacity.
the mastech is also far more money than a simple esr meter
today IMHO the best diy esr meter is this one : **broken link removed**
but you can also look at my esr repository and choose by yourself a simple analog, a more robust digital, or buy a commercial esr meter
here : **broken link removed**

the mastech ms5308 is an lcr meter and is far more precise than an esr meter that measure only ... esr ! and sometimes capacity.
the mastech is also far more money than a simple esr meter
today IMHO the best diy esr meter is this one : **broken link removed**
but you can also look at my esr repository and choose by yourself a simple analog, a more robust digital, or buy a commercial esr meter
here : **broken link removed**

My budget is around 250$.
which is the best LCR+ESR meter for these budget. i want ESR meter because i whant to identify faulty component from PCB( in circuit)

MASTECH MS5308, GWinstek LCR-916,agilent U1733C.

Agilent is the best, but more expensive and you have to buy additionnal probes
second is mastech, and is delivered with good probes
instek has low end alligator clip only.

can i use mastech for esr measurement as in ciruit tester like bob parker and atlas ESR70 does??

i have only this doubt in my mind can i use mastech MS5308 for finding faulty component from PCB especially ESR???

i'm asking this question again and again but no one clear my question.

please clear doubt

Last edited:

real (=only) esr meters for in circuits have a 100mV test voltage, that does not switch diodes or semiconductors that are in the circuit.
that's what is called an "in circuit" tester. but it's not fault proof : if you have two capacitors in parallel, one with good esr and another with bad esr, the result will be a not so bad esr and the in circuit esr meter will not really detect it.
the mastech has a 0.5V test voltage, but if you test at 100KHz, there is less than 100mV effective voltage at the pins of the capacitor.
dont think only of the esr meter in circuit to test faulty components.
an lcr meter is far more usefull than that.
take a look at my repository, you can make a small in circuit esr meter with junk drawer components for quite no money.
the lcr meter will do other job and is really usefull;
go and buy the mastech, and then for fun build an esr meter like the go-digital, or the poptronix analog
they will all be usefull for your lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back