Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for job, where to start from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirill

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am student of the Moscow University(Russia), studing at the 5th course, 21 years old. I will graduate after one year. I'm very interesting in FPGA design. I wish to work in usa, because i see a lot of interesting for me vacancies, but generally jobs require 3+ 5+ year experience or us citizen only. Can anybody help with the search with work for foreign citizens(Russia), some webpages, forums, groups?
Thank you for any advice!

Usually, IC companies or other companies advertise their vacancy with the requirement of prior industrial or working experience. It's very rare for a company to advertise their vacancy looking for Fresh Graduate (at least in electronic company. Some oil companies do advertise their need for fresh graduate annually).
Perhaps as fresh graduate you can ask your lecturer or alumni where to start your career.

Thank you for your reply!

I've already start my career(FPGA design), but only half a year ago. After graduate i will have 1 year experience. I want to get international experience in work area(FPGA or similar), and life area. one of the ways is to send resume for companies, and wait for reply. but the companies must be interesting in fresh graduate and fresh brains, i think)

Yeah.. in some countries it's quiet hard to plunge into FPGA or chip career. I feel it too in my country (Indonesia). Most of the IC companies indeed come from USA, Europe, Japan, Taiwan, and some are mushrooming in India. Isn't there any local electronic company in your home country there (Russia)?

we have such companies, but statistics says: employers require 85 % programmers(web design , administration, soft development) and 15% hardware engineers. for example fpga jobs updates once in month 1 or 2 requirement, usa not less 100 or more. but i am only in the begining of my search way, may be i mistaken about previous proportion. who hardly searching, he will exactly find what he want)

Status
Not open for further replies.