Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for JDM software programmer compatible with Win 2000 or XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeleC

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends
im searching for a software programer that is compatible with JDM programmer
Dont tell me to go for Ic prog becaust its not working with me on win 2000 or Xp
i tried it on another Pc that has a windows 98 it worked well , i tried every single way to make it work on my PC but it wont, IO port drivers???, i was wondering what might be the problem ,i also thought that the serial port is not giving enogh voltage for programing, might this be it
And if i used the parrallel port in replace of my serial would that solve the problem?and what should i do in icprog if i used the parallel port.
and if there is another software that is working fine please redirect me with the right link
thank you for ur help in advance

what is jdm sofware

IC-prog is design to work on xp machine but you need to download the system file

icprog userport

Here's a well working version of the JDM programmer for the serial port with some LEDs for indication , it's fully working with the IC PROG software & i'm using it with windows XP without any problems . the file includes the schematic & pcb (PDF version) . download the driver and make sure that it's Enabled .
Regards,

icprog +setup jdmprogrammer

ok my friend,
don't worry if your jdm didn't work with xp

I don't know which hardware jdm you used and which pic you want to program.

but what I know that now when I am writing to you I have on my desk a jdm on breadboard and it working very well with icprog, serial port, xp windows

So download the attached schematic

Jdm software???

Thank you guys for your help , i
i dont think that my jdm has a problem at least the hardware because i was able to program ,and many times, on a PC with 98 OS . but here nothing .
i downloaded PonyProg i tested it still nothing , im able to read and erase but its partially programing the flash memory.
So im supposing that it is the serial port on my PC
so does any one know how to proparlly test the port for the right programing voltage ???

Re: Jdm software???

I don't know where's your problem but I've to say that I've used a lot of times IC-PROG with WIN2000/XP with no problem. Maybe the problem is on the system.
But if you want to try another soft you could try this one:

https://miarroba.com/foros/visitar.php?http://siscobf.webcindario.com/winpic800.htm

This program is like IC-prog but it has been done by Spanish man (Sispic). People say that is a good program.

Bye

Hi !

You can use the IC-PROG to test your JDM hardware. There is the option to test hardware and activate or deactivate the Vpp, Vdd and clock and data lines individually. Try to use this to check if there are 13.3V in Vpp pin and 5.1V in Vdd pin. Sometimes the serial port can not supply enough current to keep the voltages required to enter in programming mode. Notice that the serial lines should have at least +9V and -9V, otherwise you can not obtain the desired voltages. This problem happens with notebooks which serial ports supply only +5V and -5V (the COMs work as serial ports, but don´t work for the JDM) maybe the same with your PC.

**broken link removed**

you can try this modified JDM. it is made to have easily 13,3V on Vpp PIN.

I've still not tryed it because i have found this schematic only this morning.

With my traditional JDM i can program PIC 16F876 in circuit but i Can't program PIC16F876A in the same circuit. I hope to get it by this new JDM.

Jdm software???

download Userport and run it
(u must copy the .sys to /system32/drivers
)
icprog will work normally
check also in setup(pc) that your comport is not in Auto Mode

Hi Zelec

i had your own problem before ,the jdm & icprog working well on 98 but nothing with xp or 2000

this is for that the i/o in xp is closed for the system security

i used a program to reopen the ports and this was effective

for this program check **broken link removed**

don't think about your PC serial port

hi

i think that best solution is like what amr_electron said

i face the same problem before and i use this solution and it works fine

ICProg (latest versions) works fine for me with WinXP but i had to derive a programer with external power supply from JDM programmer, mine is pin by pin compatible with JDM levels at least without the extensions to JDM programmer, i've been playing around with a PIC 16F84a and it works great even when other people complain about ICProg not working with this uC, but it is still only on breadboard and because most people seem to want external power supply free low part count programmers i never tought of posting the schematic.
I will draw the schematic and upload it onother day (it is quite late now and i need to get some sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.