Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for information about transistor sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdvaRes

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi members,

I need materials related to transistors sizing. I need to study all the Theoritical and practical aspect of that techniques.

I'll donate 10 points for real help.

Thanks in advance.

Transistor sizing

Don't get you about transistor sizing. Looks like you're trying to learn the whole thing of ckt design. Grab any classic book and do a project.

Re: Transistor sizing

That is correct. Thx

darkk said:
Don't get you about transistor sizing. Looks like you're trying to learn the whole thing of ckt design. Grab any classic book and do a project.
Hi darkk,

I didn't say that I need to study physics of semiconductor. I need just study the physics that a layout engineer uses for transistor sizing.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Transistor sizing

In order to be a GOOD Analog IC Layout engineer, exactly the same as the one used by the circuit logic designer (actually more than that and I would say you should know as much as possible)

Transistor sizing

if you are a layout engineer, you will get the schematic with the exact transistor sizes and guidelines for matching...you should follow these, I would be very angry if the layout engineer would use different sizes, than I send him/her...

i do have an experience in layout wherein I followed the one in the schematic but I got an error. I already followed the design rules. The result tells me that I must consider sizing. So, I add some space in actual layout to satisfy the verification. Why is that?

Hi, I suggust reading the classic IEEE paper by Pelgrom, that will give you a good introduction to choosing transistor sizes as related to the material realisation (layout). Check out post for downloading paper:

Or I can email it to you directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back