Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info on HCS12 Programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

venz

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have some experiance with programming Motorola's HCS12 microcontroller in C?
I'm looking for some good examples on peripheral programming.
Also external addressing on the multiplexed Data/Address bus. (A Little unclear in documentation)

Are there any libraries for peripherals available? (IAR, CW or ICC)

Thanx in advance.

HCS12

Hello,
HCS12 microcontroller is revised and improved ver. of the HC12 16 bit microcontroller.So far as I know they improved flash a lot. It needed 1min or so to programm (128kB) flash serially but now is couple of seconds. Also speed is increased from 25Mhz to 50Mhz.
I did try ICC and CW. Both worked good for me. In order to start debugging using serial port you need to revise putchar() fun. and include into your code because by some reasons they changed addresses of SCI registers and normal SCI routines would not work if you do not make this change.This is regarding SCI . Other periferals I did not use so far except ADC.
If anybody used CAN I would like to see some examples???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back