Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info about Wasp.net program

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wasp.net

Hi, can anybody tell me about this program? Please PM me if you have any information regarding this.

Thanks,

/Dan

very good

Many people on this site think that it is amongst the three top programs for wave guide calculations and synthesis.

The main problem is the poor business skills of the people who run the company. You have to download the demo and email them for a temporary license to try it out. They are not skilled enough to evaluate the prospective business that ask for a license and probably lose more money by turning away potential customers than the lose from all other causes combined.

Well basically I need to do a waveguide design, including T junctions and curved sections. Any idea which software might be best? HFSS would be too time consuming I think.

THanks,

/Dan

mican

mician has a program (microwave wizard) that is one of the three that are considered the best. You download it from their site and it works right off for systems with three enelements plus connecting waveguides. If you want more they will email you a temporary license for 30 day evaluation.
https://www.mician.com/ is the link for downloading. If you are a real company, you should email them for the demo CD and license. They may even do it if you are a student. Or even better, they give free progams to schools. Ask your professors to contact them.

Actually versions 4.7 and 4.8 require a password for download...do they work for simple structures???

I had 3.4 before but it's very user unfriendly...

Let me know if you have any other ideas of either this software or other software for waveguide design.

Thanks,

/Dan

ask for the password

The company is very cooperative. Ask for the password and the license. It will not cost you anything for trying.

The newer versions are more graphical and user friendly.

If you do a site search here you will find several discussions involving people more familiar with these programs discussing their views of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back