Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info about the handover in Wimax

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudukalyani

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, can any one of you share an IEEE paper or white paper on the Handover mechanism in wimax.

Thanks and Regards,
Kalyani

wimax handover scan

Hope this can help you...

Re: Handover in Wimax

Thanks for very useful papers,
but still my doubt is not cleared that

1) whether the MS will scan the neighbour BS everytime(i.e through out the connection) or only when the signal strength is near by to the threshold signal(delta+ level minimum signal level) value.

2)Is the network initiated HO and BS initiated HO same. if yes/no please tell me the reason why.

Thanks and Regards,
Kalyani

Re: Handover in Wimax

I am not really sure about Wimax because i am not really in Wimax field.
Anyway from what i know about handoff/handover, they are divided into two which are soft HO and hard HO.

Supposedly, BS can only scan the mobile while the signal strength is strong enough and may be it do depends on other aspects as well.

For ur second question, I would say that they are not really the same. I think network initiated HO is better because.. hmm take an example.. WLAN mesh network. The HO can take place easily as compare to BS. one of the reason is that, any network(port/pc) in mesh network is acting like a BS. Probably the signal strength from a network will not be as good as the signal directly from BS.

this is what i can tell... sorry cuz i am not really familiar with this.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back