Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info about test coverages

Status
Not open for further replies.

esrahul

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can I get some information about test coverages, such as code coverage, line coverage, functional coverage.. I would also like to know how these can be done to design test plans to verify an SOC?

Thank you

Test Coverage

I think u should read Funtional verification by Janick !

Coverage metrics r used to get brief idea like how much code has been verified,
efficiency of testbench ..etc

esrahul

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Test Coverage

can you recomend me about some documents or articles about test coverage that is available in www

thank you

Test Coverage

ATPG maybe a common method to support test coverage calculaton and test vector generation.

Test Coverage

code, or line, coverage is old school. The draw back is it could hide untested variables, i.e. an OR condition.

For functional coverage, google specman, coverage groups, metric, table, etc.

One place to start is to look at set_case_analysis in your synthesis scripts, which give different operating modes.

Re: Test Coverage

Hi,

Code Coverage ---> Checks How your testBench covers the Statments,Expressions,
Conditions, Branches, Toggle Nodes in your Design Under Test.
Different TestBenches can target Different Statments in the Design Unit

Functional Coverage ---> From its name it checks the Functionality of your Design unit. PSL & SV are used for Functional Coverage ..... They provide Assertions and Covergroups for that.

More can be found in the attached PDF, from page 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back