Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info about H.323 and SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmat_ali

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
description about SIP

hi..
can i get some information about H.323
and session initiation protocol
thanx

Re: description about SIP

the both are session layer protocol,
the role of all session layer protocol is to setup, maintain and tear down sessions,
and they do not deal with the voice itself but they deal with signaling information associated with voice in order to deliver voice packets correctly

Added after 7 minutes:

I recommend you the book of Cisco Cvoice , you can find it easily on emule or rapid share , it is very helpful about those protocols

Title: Internet Communications Using SIP: Delivering VoIP and Multimedia Services with Session Initiation Protocol
Author: Henry Sinnreich,Alan B. Johnston
ISBN: 0471776572
Publisher: Wiley
Copyright: 2006
Pages: 408

Book Description
From leading WorldCom engineers--expert guidance on how to plan for SIP implementation Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) has gained tremendous market acceptance since it became an official IETF Internet communications standard in 1999. SIP is the technology that makes it possible for multimedia communications sessions on the Web--ones that allow voice, video, chat, interactive games, and others to run all at the same time. Now that the deployment of real SIP networks is about to take off, two leaders of the commercial rollout deliver complete guidance on this exciting new technology. Geared to IT and networking professionals and decision-makers at Internet service providers (ISPs), as well as networking (NSPs) and application (ASPs) service providers, this book helps readers sort through the available vendor offerings and services to discover how to integrate and maximize SIP's power across their networks.

**broken link removed**

Hi Karan, This book has been deleted from rapidshare. Can u provide me with a new link or upload the book for me.

Kashi said:
Hi Karan, This book has been deleted from rapidshare. Can u provide me with a new link or upload the book for me.
The other link.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.