Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info about designing Autonomous Robots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsin677

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am trying to build a Autonomous Robot which can navigate in a controlled environment it will be able to detect obstacles and command can be given to the robot remotely. anyone who have done this kind of project or knows about the servos to be used or any useful information please reply.

Re: Autonomous Robot

The book INSECTRONICS gives full details of the making of such a walking Robot. Harware, fabrication, pic basic codes, etc. You will need to get the ultrasonic sensor module / ir module (self fabrication) for obstacle avoidance.
Checkout this link:
h**p://www.thinkbotics.com/insectronics.html

Autonomous Robot

i'm want to built Autonomous Robot but for underwater application..what sensor that i shoud use..

Re: Autonomous Robot

well i don't have any experience of underwater robots but i think the ultasonic sensors will be best because the sound waves are able to travel in water ,even the army is using ultrasonic guided missile so, i think the ultrasonic sesors will be best.

Autonomous Robot

I think for the sensor part for the obstacle detection purpose, the ultrasonic is always the best choice although it would a bit expansive compare to other.
I have done some very simple project related to the obstacle detection. I have use the IR sensor and it give very short range and area detection, i think this is same for other cheap and low performance sensor. ultrasonic definitely is a good choice.

By the way what remote technology you plan to use on your robot? Try search google with the keyword yamor, basically its a project about the autonomous remote control robot using the FPGA and also the bluetooth technology. I have done 1 of the very simple similar project and i get plenty of idea from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back