Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info about cathodic protection system designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

autrera

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tm5-811-7

I need details and design information about impressed current cathodic protection systems.

Thanks in advanced

Re: Cathodic protection

You use a voltage or current source between the object you want to protect and the object you do not care being consumed. Apply the polarity so that the consumed object gives off its atoms to the soil or liquid. This requires knowledge of the electro-chemical series.

autrera

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Not always an external dc power source is used.
On some structures only sacrifying anodes (zinc to protect steel) are installed.
Here you can find EXAMPLES OF IMPRESSED CURRENT CATHODIC PROTECTION DESIGN:
**broken link removed**

I wanna protect a big above ground structure, an Iron tower. I don't have well clear where to place the anode because the medium is not soil or water, it's air.

In your case the tower is coated. If it is not yet made, you specify galvanized coating of zinc for the material. If the tower is already made, there are specialized paints for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.