Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for IC design engineer job outside of Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahrein

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GUyz , i need a job ?

Guyz, i need a job to become ic design engineer. I can do design circuit, layout, testing and evaluation.

IM stuck..i need to go somewhere else as my country only have few companies in IC design. IM from Malaysia.

Any tips...

Re: GUyz , i need a job ?

hi dude,

i hav done BE , EE . is it right time to do masters in VLSI. hows job situation in this market??????

Re: GUyz , i want to become ic engineer ?

Objectives

• To carry out the design of an analogue chip from customer specifications and produce a prototype.
• Analyze, design, simulate and test analogue circuits at different frequencies.
• To operate in a design team based environment.
• To develop best performance chips through design economics and creativity and innovation.

Educational

2004- 2005: Attending courses in semiconductor chip design (analogue) from SHRDC.
2000-2004: Bachelor Degree of Communication engineering from IIUM. (CGPA:2.977)
1998-2000: Matriculation centre at IIUM. (CGPA 2.789)
1995-1997: Royal Military College. (SPM. 16 Aggregate)

Software skills

EDA tools:
• Cadence Pspice (Virtuoso and Spectra)
• Orcad capture Pspice
• Matlab ( Dsp)

Technical Projects

July 2004 – Jun 2005 Universiti Sains Malaysia
Project: Design of Band Pass Filter using 0.5um CMOS technology at 13.56Mhz
Currently undertaking the Masters project in the design of the RF Band Pass Filter for a RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) system. The band pass filter is implemented in the transmitter of the system.

August 2004 – till current SHRDC (Selangor Human Resource Development Centre)
Project: Design of Oscillator system at 64kHz
Successfully achieve the oscillation frequency of 64kHz with minimal distortion and below 100uA overall current consumption.

Project: Design of Window Comparator system
Managed to meet all specifications while keeping component size small and minimal distortion and delay. Successfully completed the layout design with overall size well below targeted specs.

Project: Design of CMOS Op-Amp
Successfully design a CMOS Op-Amp and meeting all the required characteristics, for example the phase margin, Cut-off frequency and slew rate. Completed the layout design with minimal size consideration and parasitic effects.

Project: Modification and improvement of Op-Amp 741 (BJT)
Successfully meeting all the required specification like decreasing current consumption by half, and improving the overall gain by 50%. Layout design was completed well before the time limit and meeting the targeted overall size.

Dear All,

We are pleased to inform you of the following vacancies in Microelectronics & Semiconductors division:

1. Position : Staff Engineer - Analog Mixed Signal Design

We are looking for individuals with extensive analog mixed signal circuit design experience in wireless communication area using standard CMOS technology. The person is expected to perform schematic and layout designs based on target silicon design kit to meet user requirements.

Responsibilities:

* Meet with customers, understand system requirement and propose architecture and circuit implementation
* Design, simulate and characterize circuits to meet system specifications and customer requirement
* Design test vehicles for tapeout and electrical characterization of circuits
* Work closely with device modeling, device and process engineers to optimize circuit performance
* Work closely with analog and mixed signal test engineers to characterize DC and functional performance of circuits.

Requirements:

* Recognised Bachelor Science Degree in Microelectronics or Electrical Engineering. Candidates with Master Science are preferred
* More than 5 years experience in mixed signal CMOS ASIC design
* Knowledge of wireless communication system and ASIC design, especially in system architecture, logic design and design for test

2. Position : Senior Engineer - Analog Mixed Signal Design

We are looking for individuals with extensive analog mixed signal circuit design experience in wireless communication area using standard CMOS technology. The person is expected to perform schematic and layout designs based on target silicon design kit to meet user requirements.

Responsibilities:

* Meet with customers or end-users, understand system requirement and propose architecture and circuit implementation
* Develop sub-circuits and circuits to meet system specifications and customer requirement
* Design test vehicles for tapeout and electrical characterization of circuits. Work closely with device modeling, device and process engineers to optimize circuit performance
* Work closely with analog and mixed signal test engineers to characterize DC and functional performance of circuits.

Requirements:

* Recognised Bachelor Science Degree in Microelectronics or Electrical Engineering. Candidates with Master Science are preferred
* More than 3 years experience in analog mixed signal CMOS IC design
* Knowledge of wireless communication system and circuits, especially in circuit design of analog front-end

3. Position : Staff Engineer - ASIC Design

We are looking for individuals with extensive ASIC design experience using standard CMOS technology. The person is expected to have designed, implemented, verified and tape out mixed signal devices for wireless communications using industry CAD tools.

Responsibilities:

* Meet with customers or end-users, understand system requirement and propose architecture and block specifications for design implementation
* Develop hardware design of system and blocks to meet end-user requirements
* Work closely with ASIC library design engineers for proper use of standard cells, analog mixed signal macros and memory compilers
* Sign off mixed signal ASIC design for tapeout and silicon functional test
* Work closely with test engineers to characterize functional performance of mixed signal ASIC system and blocks

Requirements:

* Recognised Bachelor Science Degree in Microelectronics or Electrical Engineering. Candidates with Master Science in Microelectronics are preferred
* More than 5 years experience in mixed signal CMOS ASIC design
* Knowledge of wireless communication system and ASIC design, especially in system architecture, logic design and design for test.

4. Position : Staff Engineer - Process Integration

We are looking for individuals with extensive wafer fab experience in process integration of CMOS technology. The person is expected to formulate strategies for development of device and process modules, and capable of designing test vehicles to characterize technology parameters.

Responsibilities:

* Develop process specifications based on specific design rules and technology requirements
* Formulate engineering strategies for device and process module development
* Design test structures (vehicles) for electrical characterization of modules, modeling and functional yield
* Work closely with process engineers to develop modules and improve yield
* Work closely with device modeling engineers to extract model parameters for circuit simulation.

Requirements:

* Recognised Bachelor Science Degree in Microelectronics, Electrical Engineering or Physics. Candidates with Master Science in Microelectronics are preferred
* More than 5 years experience in semiconductor fabrication process and process integration
* Profound knowledge of semiconductor electrical characterization and tests.

5. Position : Senior Engineer - Process Integration

We are looking for individuals with experience in process integration of CMOS technology. The person is expected to develop device and process modules and perform characterization of technology parameters.

Responsibilities:

* Develop process specifications based on specific design rules and technology requirements
* Perform process and device simulations to facilitate process recipe creation and process integration
* Create short loops for developments of device and process modules
* Design test structures for electrical characterization of modules
* Work closely with process engineers to develop modules and improve yield
* Work closely with device modeling engineers to extract model parameters for circuit simulation.

Requirements:

* Recognised Bachelop Science Degree in Microelectronics, Electrical Engineering or Physics. Candidates with Master Science in Microelectronics are preferred
* More than 3 years experience in semiconductor fabrication process and process integration
* Knowledge of semiconductor electrical characterization and tests.

Interested MIMOSian are advised to apply via your immediate superior and submit your application to Human Capital & Competency Development (HCCD) MIMOS.

Please also assist us by communicating the above vacancies to your friends and acquaintance.

For mailing purpose, please send your application to:

Human Capital & Competency Development
MIMOS Berhad
Technology Park Malaysia
57000 Kuala Lumpur

or email to recruit@mimos.my

Closing Date: 27 May 2005 (Friday)

Regards,
Haliza Ramli
Recruitment Manager
Human Capital & Competency Development

GUyz , i need a job ?

I'm also looking for job. But recently, I found that all company is just looking for expereince people (in Malaysia). So, I dont know where can I get a fresh graduate job.........

Dear Malaysian Job Seekers ..

I am really wondering to hear that some of u say that Malaysia has few IC design companies !! .. Guys this is not true .. what about Intel Penang ? .. Motorola Penang ? .. what about Cyberjaya city ? .. it's full of companies ! .. what about the R&D of Telekom Malaysia ! .. I even heard that Motorola is conducting a Job Fair in KL next Sunday ! .. why don't u go to this website and see around 1,000 copmanies working in the technology field in malaysia .. :

https://www.msc.com.my/cs/company/default.asp?str=1&s=1&s1=0

maybe u find couple of IC Design copmanies to send ur resume for.

Hope u get what ur looking for.

tok47 said:
I'm also looking for job. But recently, I found that all company is just looking for expereince people (in Malaysia). So, I dont know where can I get a fresh graduate job.........

they only say they want people with experience....just try and apply...maybe they will also need fresh graduate...but i cant guarantee u the job offered as above....

Added after 10 minutes:

omara007 said:
Dear Malaysian Job Seekers ..

I am really wondering to hear that some of u say that Malaysia has few IC design companies !! .. Guys this is not true .. what about Intel Penang ? .. Motorola Penang ? .. what about Cyberjaya city ? .. it's full of companies ! .. what about the R&D of Telekom Malaysia ! .. I even heard that Motorola is conducting a Job Fair in KL next Sunday ! .. why don't u go to this website and see around 1,000 copmanies working in the technology field in malaysia .. :

h**p://www.msc.com.my/cs/company/default.asp?str=1&s=1&s1=0

maybe u find couple of IC Design copmanies to send ur resume for.

Hope u get what ur looking for.

yes i know....all this companies are about ic design....but usually they wont take graduates with no experience.....they usually have their own design engineer which come from us, china and etc......so the job of ic design is difficult to find in malaysia....plus if u r a fresh graduate below 3.00 cpga it is almost impossible to get a good designing job......maybe they'll give u a job to create layout designed by others.....this is not called designing..... this is called ic drawing....designing is what i would like to do from the beginning till the end......means, starting from getting the spec the company want....i'll simulate and get the output and then continue with the layout and finally with the process taping out.....this is the kind of job i want.....currently i'm doing my industrial training in MIMOS....and i did not get this kind of job.....i'm actually a layout drawer....but at least i got 6 months of valuable experience....:)

I guess u r pushing somehow .. just slow down .. no one starts as a full designer .. this is normal .. so, just try to stuck to one of those names like MIMOS and once u have one or two years with them, u can then ask for the thing u want .. this happens all over the world man .. no one starts from the top ..
A good thing deserves mentioning is that experience is really hard to get .. it's not a number of years being somewhere .. so, don't be over-expecting from others as they can't trust someone without any hand-on experience ..
so, my advice is to keep working as a drawer .. ok ? .. this is better than nothing anyhow .. plus u can do ur own designs using the available tools in MIMOS ..
Just Enjoy ur time and don't think of design as an Ad Hoc issue ..
Best Wishes

We are startup fabless IC design company established in KL and currently looking for good and experienced Analog and Mixed Signal IC designer to join our team here in Kuala Lumpur office. If anyone of you is interested, pls send your resume to fluerie1998@yahoo.com.

fluerie1998 said:
We are startup fabless IC design company established in KL and currently looking for good and experienced Analog and Mixed Signal IC designer to join our team here in Kuala Lumpur office. If anyone of you is interested, pls send your resume to fluerie1998@yahoo.com.

what's the name of the company ?

GUyz , i need a job ?

hi i am looking for a job iam fresh graduate no expericevce i have msc(cs)please inform me any jobs are there

GUyz , i need a job ?

hi
i'm job seeker i need a job in textile filed i have 10yrs experince in this felid

hi:
i am so interesrted to complete my study in communication eng in Malaysia
i need about 6 monthes to graduate .
so any friends from malaysia can helpme
i work in programing microcontroller (pic avr) for about three years and work good
in eagle proteus
regards

GUyz , i need a job ?

Hi there
We view your resume from the internet and would like you to consider if you are interested
in the position our clients is looking for.

If you are interested or know of someone that maybe interested, please email full resume to agnes@jobsite.com.sg

IC Design Engineer (Analog/Mixed Signal)
(Singapore)
Only Singapore,PR & Malaysia Candidates
Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for the IC's circuit design, simulation, prototype evaluation, characterisation and support to Layout Designer

Job Requirements:
- Masters / Bachelor's Degree in Electronics' Engineering with relevant specialization in analog circuit design with 2 years' experience
- Technically competent in analog and mixed signal circuit design, SPICE simulation, layout implementation and floor planning
- Knowledge of Switching Regulators / Smart Power / Hard Disk Drive / Printer applications
- Experience in ELDO and BCD processes will be an advantage
- Fresh graduates with relevant specialization in analog circuit design will be considered

Regards
Philip Png
Director
JobSite.Com Pte Ltd
RCB Nos : 200003506E
Tel : 63822272 / Hp. 91001692
email : philip@jobsite.com.sg

GUyz , i need a job ?

NAME :SATHEEASILAN
ADD : 5,PINTASAN BAHAGIA 13,11950 BAYAN BARU PENANG
IC .NUM :860108-07-5531
QUALIFICATION :SPM,PENDING DIPLOMA IN LOGISTIC MANAGMENT

Job Analog Circuit Design,DFT and Verification Engineer/Executive

We have a requirement from our client on;

Industry : EDA/ Semiconductor
Function : Circuit Designing, DFT and Verification
Hiring Level : Engineer / Executive
Experience Level : 3 – 6 yrs
Number of Requirements : 35 (Circuit Designing - 15, DFT – 10 and Verification – 10)

Email CV to jonie@360-technologies.com

Malaysia Citizen only
Based in Penang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back