Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for I2C based serial RTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramp

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I searching I2C based serial RTC.Which should have 2 digital inputs for tamper detection & low pin count.Please suggest such RTC if anyone using or know it.

Thanks & Regards,
tramp

Re: Serial RTC search

DS1307 is an I2C based RTC with 64-bytes of SRAM. You can use stor some number/data in SRAM, so if someone want to tempere with RTC he has to remove the battery which in-turn will corrupt the SRAM contents indicating tempering.

CMOS said:
DS1307 is an I2C based RTC with 64-bytes of SRAM. You can use stor some number/data in SRAM, so if someone want to tempere with RTC he has to remove the battery which in-turn will corrupt the SRAM contents indicating tempering.

Hi CMOS,
Thanks for ur instant reply.I want RTC to detect system tampering.ie if sombody has open cover in system power off condition.RTC should record its event.

Regards tramp

RTCs are not that intelligent ..
All what you need is an RTC and a reduced-pin microcontroller, such as PICAXE-08 ..
Connect tamper switch to one of the microcontroller's inputs ..
When input changes its level ie. tamper switch is activated, microcontroller reads time from RTC and writes it back to the RTC's memory ..

Regards,
IanP

May be:
The DS1678 real-time clock (RTC) event recorder **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back