Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for help - easiest way to program multilevel menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamW

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on gas meter. Prepare of wprking electronics it was piece of cake. now the problems starts.
I am going to add profesional look to the meter, so I have to make proper menu. It should be multilangual menu, with multilevel, easy navigation, password protected areas etc.
I've decided to use Noritake VFD display with 2 lines, with possibility to increase to whole display, and graphics. In each line there should be possibility to display different, user selectable parameters.
I am wondering what would be the easiest way to program such menu. I am thinking about structure for each menu element with pointers to string/data to display, and reaction for buttons, or maybe it would be easier to make button navigation structure with pointers to menu elements. Or maybe there is any easier way?
I have no experience in so complicated menu, and I am afraid about amount of memory necessery for menu.
I would be gratefull for any ideas, or examples

Best regards
KamW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back