Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for HBT or BJT chip with ft>40 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Drew

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need this transistor for oscillator up to 20 GHz. I've found NE66100, NE66200 and NE66300 California Eastern Laboratories but they have only ft=25 GHz. Eventually i can use HEMT FPD200 RFMD or similar, but i hope that there is a better chip.
Can anyone promt me suitable chip?

Another question. I'm looking for flicker noise characteristics of NESG3031 CEL (flicker corner). Is there anybody using this transistor in LNA and LN oscillators?

Try this, but is P-HEMT:

Low Noise E-PHEMT

I see Avago provides S-parameters for this transistor up to 45GHz.

Hello,

Check Infineon Technologies (for example BFP720). They have transistors with ft = 45 GHz. Nevertheless this doesn't mean automatically that they will oscillate at 22 GHz (rbb', emitter inductance, Ccb, etc).

According to the datasheet, BFP720 has > 14 dB gain at 10 GHz, so it may have positive gain at 22 GHz.

They provide models (chip and package).

Last edited:

I think that VMMK-1225 will be better for amplifier.
BFP720, BFP750 and BFP650 are very interesting, but there's no information about chips, only packaged transistors. Or they can sell chips too?

Last edited:

Any amplifier could be transformed in oscillator.
I don't know the resulting phase noise performance, but don't expect good phase noise from an oscillator at that very high frequency.

Sometimes multiplying a clean signal having lower frequency, can produce signals with better phase noise than producing them at microwave frequencies (even after applying the 20*LOG(N) degradation factor)

It will be 10-20 GHz YTO with -120 dBc/Hz at 100 kHz offset. I have only trouble with transistor chip search.

I think that VMMK-1225 will be better for amplifier.
BFP720, BFP750 and BFP650 are very interesting, but there's no information about chips, only packaged transistors. Or they can sell chips too?

I didn't put attention to the word "chip". I have no idea whether or not they sell chips.

Microlambda Wireless perhaps uses HBT chips in YTO, as they say in publication "HBT silences YTO". So it's possible to find HBT chips.

Hey Drew,
as to my knowledge Infineon does not sell bare die transistors, just plastic packaged.

Rgd

BJTMOSGAAS, they sell some types (like BFP450). But 100 GHz chips aren't on sale.
BigBoss, i need less than 10 transistors for experiments.

PAM-XIAMEN can offer GaAs HBT and pHEMT epi wafer. size from 2" to 6"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back