Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for good resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

phr3d0m2gr0

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey i'm a relative newb to electronics building, but i'm in a class in college right now (electrical fundamentals). Anyway i'm wanting to build something fairly complex in the future, but i need to start out with some good reading. So can anyone reccommend a website or maybe a book to buy to read about electronics. I'm already learning about DC voltage circuits, resistors, all the basic stuff right now so anything just a tad more advanced.

for my future project i'm looking to setup something that can be used for climate control and monitoring from a laptop. So obviously i will need temp, humidity sensors and such that can either send a signal wirelessly back to the laptop or use a USB cable. As far as controller i probably be using timers that can be programmed to turn outlets on or off depending on certain climate readings. So if there is any info that could get me started in this direction that would be great.

-Phr3

use google with the string "Data Loggers". You will get a lot of results on this. I have worked on a similar module but through serial and rj45 ports.

YOu can ping me back if you want know the rj45 way (embedded web server).

Regards

phr3d0m2gr0 said:
So can anyone reccommend a website or maybe a book to buy to read about electronics. I'm already learning about DC voltage circuits, resistors, all the basic stuff right now so anything just a tad more advanced.

Maybe not that advanced (though, that's depending on were you're standing now), but as you said you're relative new to electronics Thomas Floyd's books are always worth a recommendation, especially those two (don't know much about his other books):

- Principles of Electric Circuits (Thomas L.Floyd)
- Electronics Fundamentals (Thomas L.Floyd)

He's able to explain some complicated things a bit easier than others do. Great books to start with and get all the basic knowledge (and a bit more).

some people look for this book

Hi!
Here is a link for The Arts of Electronics by Paul Horowitz

**broken link removed**

for Sensors and transducers by Ian Sinclair

**broken link removed**

password for this book : ebook

and the last one is Interfacing Sensors to the IBM PC by W.Tompkins

http://mihd.net/y13thl/__482f913__via_gigapedia.info__.html

Best regards!
Venix

Status