Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for free ARM dev kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBdgWgt

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
arm devkit

Hi all,

I want to learn about 32bit processor, because until now I just use 8/16 bit microcontrollers. is there any company offering a free dev kit for students? can some one who has experience give me a link?

big thanks,

free arm dev kit

Did you get any company who provides/offers 8-bit or 16-bit free development kit for students? Please let me know in details.

Thanks

arm dev kit

Nope, didn't see anyone offering it for free.

Re: Free ARM dev kit

fireball003 said:
Did you get any company who provides/offers 8-bit or 16-bit free development kit for students? Please let me know in details.

Thanks

actually no, all the 8/16 bit i used is not for free, i got it from my labs. but i think it will be nice if i have one of my own :)

so it seems nothing is free :cry:

regards,

Free ARM dev kit

Hi,
you can apply for butterfly kit in circuitcellar AVR contest 2006 (**broken link removed**). 1st phase of distribution is finished and second phase may start anytime.

So, if you are interested then wait and have an eye on the kit request page (**broken link removed** ). Because it will be announced anytime and the kits will be allocated within very short time. :)

Best regards.

Free ARM dev kit

Well,
asking for an ARM development kit and getting offered an 8-bit AVR kit does not really cut, does it? THere was a similar contest from Circuitcellar for the Philips ARM LPC2138 about half a year ago, but that is past time and long gone.
Closest to free is cheapest available.
Two things come to mind:
www.embeddedartists.com with very nice inexpensive boards. Last year they had a christmas special for 9.99 Euro, still they have boards starting at 29 Euro, that cme with nice examples and as far as I know the GNU tools
**broken link removed**

The other well know provider of ARM boards would be Olimex.

Hope this is still within your budget.

Bob

Free ARM dev kit

Same problem here. Moreover My country is not listed there in the country list.

Does anyone have any suggestion or idea what to do?? I didn't find any specific email contact there in their website.

no free kits ..................................
When will be announcement of free board..........

Some thing is nothing
and nothing is everything
so dont think anything for nothing...............

by
Dipen Dudhat

It is better to save a little money and buy one. It is not expensive to get dev boards witk many peripherals, for less than 100 bucks. Or you can make your own, with no guarantee it will work.

Free ARM dev kit

ATMEL is giving there Butterfly AVR development board FREE and I got one from them. This is the first time in my life I getting development board FREE. If you want to work with AVR then request ATMEL for Butterfly board.

Why not do-it-yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.