Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Expedition Component Libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorianovich1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
The only problem I have with Expedition Tool is to build component libraries. If you have ready made libraries, It'll save so much time for me.

expedition tutorials

If you can find an older version of Expedition (pre 2004??) they used to include a sample library. You can also buy a library from Optimum Design (**broken link removed**, you might try downloading the demo).

Personally, I have never been a fan of libraries built by someone else. They never tend to meet my companies standards and I am always worried about their accuracy. With Expedition, building your own libraries is a pretty simple once you get the hang of it and I think in the long run you will be happier.

Which front end tool are you using? DX Designer or Design Capture?

expedition liblaries

Want us to do your work for you too????

slib expedition libraries

If you have Mentor support, there is a pretty good tutorial for creating libraries with Library Manager and DxDesigner. The link to that tutorial is **broken link removed**, but you will need a valid support account to access it (I think).

If you have a copy of WG2002 or older, there was a pretty good tutorial included for Design Capture/Library Manager. That was also the last version that included the sample library

expedition tutorial

Can you please upload the tutorial you mentioned here?

"If you have Mentor support, there is a pretty good tutorial for creating libraries with Library Manager and DxDesigner. The link to that tutorial is **broken link removed**, but you will need a valid support account to access it (I think). "

I do not have a valid support account access.

Added after 1 minutes:

If you have Mentor support, there is a pretty good tutorial for creating libraries with Library Manager and DxDesigner. The link to that tutorial is **broken link removed**, but you will need a valid support account to access it (I think). "
[/quote]

I do not have a valid support account access..

tutorial expedition

popoyboys said:

I do not have a valid support account access..

That's pretty funny.

10 years ago, the company I work for paid $75,000.00 for Veribest software.
Over the next 9 years, The company has paid 10% of that cost each year for support.

That comes to $142,500.

You want support for free???????

Try getting that from your hack site.

Expedition Libraries

My thoughts exactly Mike!

Added after 5 hours 59 minutes:

You might find this page of use. There is an Expedition tutorial and a sample library at the bottom of the page

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back