Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for examples of NMOS analog microcircuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

richloo

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
NMOS microcircuits

Anyone who know or have some example of NMOS analog microcircuit? What is the advantage of NMOS only microcircuit compare to CMOS microcircuit? Thanks in advance.

Re: NMOS microcircuits

The only advantage is manufacturing cost. Pure NMOS needs less mask number. No well, no P implant. But this introduce a lot of problems for designer. I think it is obsolete technique.

NMOS microcircuits

I've read Ken Martin book said that NMOS reduce parasitic capacitance. Is it due to the large area of PMOS or anything else? I just curious how actually such circuit looks like... any comment?

If you mean by microcircuit IC then the answer is - speed. NMOS has higher ft over PMOS.
Any differential gate is created from NMOSes only.
Example could be any 2.5GHz PLL

Drawback is that you can no longer rely on certain circuits as high side curernt mirrors, active loads, .... any circuit that consists of pmos devices. They are slower, but the performance still might be okay for some applications. So this is why we always want them around. Use you nmos devices for fast amplifiers, comparators, .... everything that needs to go fast. You can use pmos for the rest if needed.

the speed of NMOS is faster than PMOS because of the movement of electron is just 2-3 faster than hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back