Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for examples and tutorials about P&R

Status
Not open for further replies.

faye_hongdou

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Question for P&R

Hi, all

I'm a beginner in ASIC & wanna know sth about P&R, anyone can give some advice? What should I do first, read the tutorial or do some exercises. And where can I find the examples for this.

thx

faye_hongdou

Question for P&R

Hi faye

As I know, ASIC design is former design compared with P&R,and many RTL coding designer know a little about P&R.Or you want to finish all by yourself?:)

Best regards
flyankh

Re: Question for P&R

Hi faye,

Michael J Smith book on ASIC is good for a starter. The link for this book is
**broken link removed**

I believe, before going to P&R directly, better to know about the basics of ASIC design starting from HDL coding to logic synthesis to P&R.

-Sudhir

Hi ,

I know sth about RTL coding & synthesis. And also attended the training course for synosys VCS , Design Compiler & Apollo, then do the labs they provided. But I think these courses only give me a simple picture. Now I wanna pay my attention on P&R, and do some examples or real work. Where can I find the documents for this.

thx

faye_hongdou

hi, it's really hard to get plenty of documents for P&R, books can only give you some advise. So i suggest you just do it, choose a project, then complete synthesis and place & route by yourself. During your work, you will meet a lot of problems, then you can back to the labs or ask for help on web. Experience just come from solving problems, no books can give you all answer:)

Hi,

Some of my friends also told me that it's really helpful to do a project from synthsis to P&R. But I also have some questions on synthesis. During synthesis, there are some constraints, such input delay, output delay,etc. I still don't know how to add these constraints, is it according my circuit? Is there any guideline? I'm really trouble about this.

thx

faye_hongdou

It's hardly to find a good apollo P&R tutorial or book, I've search the web for days to find some..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back